Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (MANIT Bhopal), formerly Maulana Azad College of Technology (MACT) was founded in 1960 and named after the India’s first Education Minister, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. Getting admission in MANIT, Bhopal will result in the technical development of students and will make them industry ready.
- A huge campus that covers the total area of 650 acres land.
- The college provides housing facilities to about 4,000 students and faculty members.
- It offers graduate, postgraduate and doctoral level courses in the field of engineering & management.
- It has achieved the goal of creating excellent and unparalleled scholars who can easily cater to the industrial needs of the nation.
- MANIT facilitates best placement opportunities to its students.
- MANIT Bhopal is proud of its 40,000 glorious alumni who have contributed constantly to the development of the country.
- Institute also conducts various international conferences in different fields of engineering. Some of them are- International Conference on Industrial, Production & Mechanical Engineering, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Agriculture, Horticulture & Environmental Engineering etc.
Academic Overview: MANIT has some of the most talented and experienced faculty for the education of world class quality. It is offering a course in the field of engineering and technology, management. Some of the departments are:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Applications
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
Extracurricular: Other than the education, MANIT is also famous for its diverse culture and spirit of celebration and talent. It conducts:
- Quizzer Club
- NITB web club
- Go Green Forum
- Rotaract Club of MANIT
- Pixel (Photography Club)
- Rashtraay ( street play society)
- Roobaroo (Cultural Society)
Festivals: MANIT also organises one of the prominent national-level festivals as well as meets, which includes:
- Technosearch- Annual national level technical festival
- Maffick- Annual cultural festival
- CHEMICARNIVAL- Annual chemical engineering festival
- Samadhan- Annual national level programming test
- TATVABODH- Annual Materials Science & Metallurgical Engineering Festival
- SportsMania- Annual sports meet
Facilities: MANIT provides all the requisite facilities to the students whether it be academic or accommodative. Some of the facilities are detailed below-
- MANIT Library is a functional unit of the Institute, boasting a collection of 26025 books, 12100 journals, 2044 CDs and 3986 videos.
- There is a sports complex which includes a swimming pool and squash courts, Basketball Court, Gymnasium and Badminton Courts.
- Auditorium hosts a variety of events all day long
- VIP Guest House
- Dispensary and immediate medical care are available to the students.
- Bank, ATM and post office are in the campus itself